If something is wrong with our product, we'll make it right. If you need assistance, let us know, we're glad to help.
CTM LIMITED NON-TRANSFERABLE WARRANTY
CTM LIMITED WARRANTY
Air conditioning systems supplied by CTM Marine (hereafter referred to as CTM) are warranted against material and workmanship defects at the time of sale. If it’s determined by CTM, to its satisfaction, that a CTM product contains any material or workmanship defect during the warranty period, then CTM shall repair or replace the CTM product, or refund the original purchase price at CTM’s sole option.
When CTM chooses to issue a refund for defects in materials or workmanship, the refund shall cause the cancellation of the contract without reservation of rights by the owner. As a result, all claims the owner may have against CTM for alleged or actual breach of warranty shall be fully and finally satisfied.
The intent of the CTM warranty is to protect the original end-user of the Air Conditioning System from defects and provide free repair and replacement of defective parts in the manner provided herein. During the warranty period, the exclusive remedy will be for CTM, at their discretion, to repair or replace those parts which are demonstrated to be defective in material or workmanship.
While warranty is provided to the “original end-user”, it is to be administered and serviced through an authorized CTM dealer in accordance with the CTM warranty policy or contractual agreement between CTM and a second party. To locate the nearest CTM authorized dealer for warranty service, visit http://www.ctm-marine.com or call (800) 766-5256 in the USA.
In order to obtain the benefits of the warranty during the warranty period the owner has the following options in order of preference to CTM:
A. Contact a CTM authorized dealer to perform the necessary repairs or work needed in the area where the product is located.
B. If there is no authorized dealer in the area, CTM may authorize and work with a local service provider.
C. If none of the above options are available, the customer may send back the product back to the factory to have the necessary repairs or work done. If it’s determined that the product presents valid warranty claims, shipping/freight charges will be reimbursed both ways.
The warranty period of registered CTM products is (2) two years, being the first year parts and labor, the second year parts only. For unregistered CTM products (1) one year, being the first 6 months parts and labor, and the last 6 months parts only. The warranty period of CTM products begins from the date of purchase (if purchased through a dealer or distributor), when installed (if installed by an authorized CTM dealer) and/or at the time of possession of the vessel by the owner (for OEM installations). However, the warranty period shall not exceed (3) three years from the original manufacture date. CTM products include a serial number which is date-coded, in order to determine the manufacturer date of the product, you may contact CTM’s customer service to obtain the original date.
In the event there is an extended period of time between the date a CTM product is manufactured and the moment that the product goes into service, CTM will require proof of purchase. For unregistered products, a proof of purchase will be required as well.
The Air Conditioning System can be registered by visiting http://ctm-marine.com/product-registration/. A proof of purchase is required for all Air Conditioning Systems that are not registered.
CTM specifically excludes and limits warranty from the following:
- Normal wear of service parts: (Filters and fuses are not covered)
- Additional labor charges associated with the removal and replacement of the air conditioning system. The original installer or OEM is responsible for the accessibility of the CTM product.
- Damage to product in transit. All claims must be filled with the carrier.
- Improper installation, which is not in accordance with valid, supplied installation instructions or approved OEM applications. (For the most up to date installation instructions, visit http://ctm-marine.com/user-manual/)
- Deterioration due to normal wear, corrosion, abuse, damage, accident, improper storage or operation, lack of reasonable maintenance.
- Modification of product by alteration, use of non-genuine parts or repair by unauthorized personnel.
- Water damage to electrical components including control boards and display/thermostats.
- Failures due to improper winterization of the CTM products.
- Replacement of refrigerant with a substitute not authorized by CTM.
- Economic loss for expenses related to travel, vehicle disability, personal injury or other incidental or consequential damages arising from any breach of this expressed warranty.
CTM RETAINS THE RIGHT TO MODIFY THESE WARRANTY TERMS WITHOUT NOTICE IN ORDER TO COMPLY WITH POLICY OR LAWS GOVERNING WARRANTY ISSUES IN STATES OR COUNTRIES HAVING SPECIFIC REMEDIES DIFFERING OR ADDITIONAL TO THOSE DESCRIBED WITHIN THIS DOCUMENT.